Using Meditation or a fort lauderdale wellness coach to reduce stress
- Look for a quiet environment and find your own space where you feel calm and relaxed.
- Sit down on a chair or with your legs in a cross-legged position. Make sure your spine is erect.
- Observe your breath, as it flows in and out. Focus on your breathing while you sit quietly. When your mind wanders bring it back to your breath.
- Repeat a word or a series of words to yourself to gain control of your restless mind.
- Meditation can lower your heart rate, tension, stress, and resting blood pressure.
Here are a few strategies to help reduce stress.
- Engage in pleasurable activity that’s fun and doesn’t involve high calorie simple sugar food.
- Take control of the situation to minimize the pressure.
- Keep blood sugars level and steady by eating a variety of protein, carbohydrates, and fat in each meal. Spread your meals out every three to four hours throughout the day. A well balanced meal will reduce the tendancy to grab processed foods.
- Eat plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits daily to keep blood sugars balanced.
- Working out will improve your mood, reduce stress, and improve self esteem. Maintain a consistent cardio and weight training program. (Exercise 3-5 days a week)
- Stay away from diets and don’t cut off any one food group. High protein diets that restrict carbohydrates don’t provide enough energy for the body to make it through stressful periods in the day.
- Get enough rest to help the body recover from your day. Take a cat nap or go to bed a little earlier each night. Rest is important especially during stressful times. Be sure to visit a South Florida Fitness Center for more workout tips!